[MLton-user] Unable to build a Win64 hosted version of MLton

Nicolas Bertolotti Nicolas.Bertolotti at mathworks.fr
Mon May 9 08:16:14 PDT 2011

Right ! It seems to be specific to the way I build the whole stuff.

I am actually trying to target another version of mingw than the one that is shipped with the MLton installer (taken from http://drangon.org/mingw/). Their 64 bit version appears to be more conformant to what the MS tools do with the symbols (e.g. no extra "_") which requires to change mlton/main/main.fun to set Control.labelsHaveExtra_ to false for the amd64-mingw target.

In my build, I also link to a DLL version of GMP that is already used in some other components by my company.

I guess one of those external components is broken and now I have to identify which one.

May you please tell me where you got the "mingw" version that you included in the MLton installer? As far as I know, the one we can download from www.mingw.org<http://www.mingw.org> does not include 64 bit support which is developed by another team.

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

P.S.: thanks also for your quick response to my question related to the library support. I am afraid this change is too big for my poor knowledge of the compiler internals.