rpmbuild

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:04:00 -0700

> I'm still slightly confused about how the .rpmmacros stuff was being required.
> After all, even if you don't have it, you can still make rpms.  The thing that
> you can't do without it is to install a source rpm without being root.

Matthew didn't have a .rpmmacros, and so it was trying to build in the default
place.  But most of the make-rpms script had hardwired in a certain place
($HOME/mlton/rpms) where the rpm directories (RPMS, SOURCES, etc) should live.

I guess the right solution is for the make-rpms script to use the same place
that rpm is going to.  Is there any way to do that other than look at the
.rpmmacros file ourselves?  What I'd like is to call rpm with some command line
switch that would tell us what it thinks topdir is.