Red Hat 6.x binaries

Matthew Fluet mfluet@intertrust.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:11:30 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes, I got pimped with
> 	MLton: unhandled exception: Overflow
> in the self compile.  This was using the 2001-08-06 version to try and make
> the 2001-08-23 version.  Is there a work-around that I can use to get it to
> compile?

Yes, change the Makefile in src/mlton to have
MLTON = mlton -native-live-transfer false

This will compile all the way through, but the resulting executable won't
try to carry psuedo-regs across basic block boundaries.  In theory, this
should be a little slower than what should be produced with
-native-live-transfer true, but I don't think that it's that much worse in