[MLton-devel] yeah, that did the trick

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:45:24 -0700

> > I don't know why it happens.  I created a simple test file with just
> > the 12n test case from math.sml, and it behaves differently when
> > compiled -ieee-fp true vs -ieee-fp false.
>
> -ieee-fp won't make any difference.  Math_pow is implemented as a C call
> to math.h's pow.  THe math libraries must be slightly different between
> the two systems.

It must be in the compuation of posInf then.

% uname
FreeBSD
% cat math.sml
fun p s = print (concat [s, "\n"])
val _ = Math.pow (1.0, 1.0)
val _ = p (Bool.toString (Real.== (Math.pow (3.0, 1000000.0), Real.posInf)))
% mlton -ieee-fp false math.sml && math
false
% mlton -ieee-fp true math.sml && math
true