[MLton-devel] yeah, that did the trick

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:06:36 -0700

> One thing I forgot to mention... I noticed when trying my first hackish
> port, and in the current codebase, that mmap() is always failing with a
> 'hint' address:

Actually, it's not always failing, it's just failing a lot, which is
OK.  It's due to code in the runtime to try to allocate the two
semispaces used for copying collection as far apart as possible (one
at a very high address, one at a very low address) so that we don't
get bitten by virtual address space fragmentation.