[MLton-devel] flattening

Mayur Naik mnaik@cs.purdue.edu
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:59:03 -0500 (EST)

> Mayur, my apologies for mispelling your name.

Not a problem!

Thanks for the ideas on flattening.  I plan to work on two topics with
Suresh in the context of MLton: implementing must-alias analysis (POPL 98)
and exploring a spectrum of flattening techniques.  What you suggest seems
to be one extreme of this spectrum; we will definitely explore it.  The
reason we plan to work on must-alias analysis is that, while it is
interesting in its own right (it would enable several optimizations), it
will also assist in flattening.

-- Mayur