[MLton] cvs commit: world no longer contains a preprocessed basis library

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:36:38 -0800

> > OK.  If I understand it correctly, it's not too much work -- you need
> > to figure out which files in a CM file provide which exports.  Then,
> > you can change your cmcat so that instead of grabbing a whole CM file,
> > you just grab the needed imports.
>
> -- and then recurse.  Because once we pull in a COMPILE node to get a
> particular import, we need to pull in everything that gives rise to the
> environment used by the COMPILE node.

Right.  I'm definitely thinking of a two step process.  First,
eliminate the compile nodes and figure out how to build a file-to-file
dependence graph.  Second, recur to build the needed file list.

> > If it's not too hard to cut out those files and regain
> > the behavior of the old cmcat, we can be completely confident in
> > ditching the old one and using the new one in building the mlton cm
> > files.
>
> O.k.  I think it will be easy enough to get that behavior.

Great!