[MLton] cvs commit: world no longer contains a preprocessed basis library

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:59:49 -0800

> I would imagine something like:
>
> mlton -write-lib newA.world foo.mlb
> mlton -read-lib newA.world -write-lib newB.world bar.mlb
> mlton -read-lib newB.world -write-lib newC.world baz.mlb
>
> which would result in newC.world having the all the bases of foo, bar, and
> baz.

This seems nice.  As a check on semantics, this is exactly as if you
had written

  mlton -write-lib newC.world foo.mlb bar.mlb baz.mlb

which is exactly as if you had written

  mlton -write-lib newC.world bap.mlb

where bap.mlb is

	foo.mlb
	bar.mlb
	baz.mlb

That is, each read/write sequentially adds declarations to the basis.

> Also, any more thoughts on doing one of the CM replacements?

It's pretty near the front of the todo, but I wasn't thinking of doing
it for the upcoming release.  The idea is to put in the next release
support for mlb files along with a plan for supporting libraries, as
well as a few initial libraries (hash tables, regexps, ...).