[MLton-devel] exceptions

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:27:35 -0500 (EST)

> Yeah, I am becoming more convinced that this is worth trying in
> MLton.  But you guys still had to walk every stack frame from the top
> of the stack until you found the top of the exception stack, right?

If we need to walk the stack anyways, would the cost be that much more to
do it explicitly in ML?  I.e., actually putting a handler in each SSA
function, which may do nothing but reraise?  If we were to always push a
handler and a return address, then reraising should just be a stack
adjustment and an indirect jump, just like a normal return.