[MLton-devel] Re: MLRISC

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:05:37 -0500 (EST)

Lal,

Stephen Weeks mentioned to the MLton-devel list that you had confirmed
that MLRISC no longer uses higher order modules.  I was wondering whether
or not MLRISC uses any other "non-standard" Standard ML module features:
e.g., functor definitions in local and struct blocks?  Also, are more
current MLRISC source releases than the ones bundled with SML/NJ?  I note
that that bundle still uses h.o. functors; and I've never had luck getting
the demos (or even a majority of the .cm files) to compile.  Thanks.

-Matthew