[MLton-devel] IntInf primops

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:12:03 -0600

It is definitely a shame to not do IntInf constant folding.  It means that
a simple expression, all of whose args are constants, will get re-evaluated
each time.  That will also keep globalization from happening, although that
might already be the case because of safe-for-space stuff.
Note, I don't see how doing constant folding can effect safe-for-space.
Doesn't it result in a constant amount of space?
I agree that it could be painful (exponential in program size) but it would
still be asfe for space.

MLton-devel mailing list