[MLton-devel] cvs commit: support for multiple integer, real, and word sizes

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:58:36 -0400 (EDT)

> > I'll be out of my office until after noon.  There (should be) is a
> > patch of my changes against the currently checked-in sources at
> > http://www.cs.cornell.edu/People/fluet/mlton.tgz
>
> Go ahead and checkin whenever you get back.

I've checked in changes to
  atoms/{int,real}-x.sml
       /prim.{sig,fun}
  ssa/redundant-tests.fun
  backend/representation.fun
which account for all of the errors I was seeing in pre-codegen with int8
and int16.  There are probably more, but that was enough to compile
regression/int.sml with Int16.

There are a number of changes in the basis-library, but all centered
around introducing Int8 and Int16.  Once those are debugged,
mono-{array,vector,array2} structures could be built without difficulty.

Everything having to do with Int32 should work just as before.  I haven't
added any runtime or codegen code for Int{8,16}.  I think this is at a
good bifurcation point, where someone could concentrate on working on the
C-codgen support and I'll begin looking into the x86-codgen support (at
some later date).