[MLton] Win32 Patch Instructions

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brent Fulgham <bfulg@pacbell.net> wrote:
> I have some updates I'd like you to consider that
> add support for Mingw32 (and therefore, the native
> Windows C runtime library).

I have placed the changes on my website:

http://www.debian.org/~bfulgham/mlton

1.  mlton.win32.diff

This file contains the bulk of the changes.  The
implementation still can't compile CM files, but
it can compile individual *.sml files.

2.  win32-resource.h

Header file for the mocked up rlimit-under-win32.

3.  win32-syslog.c,h

Header and implementation for a Microsoft Windows
Event Monitor-based implementation of syslog,
based on code from the Labrea project
(http://labrea.sourceforge.net) (Modified here means
most of the functionality removed).

With these changes, it's possible to cross-compile a
MLton compiler that runs on a DOS command line and
compiles SML files.  I need to do more work on the
path handling to get CM files to build properly.

I'm not crazy about attaching the win32 signal
implementations to the gc.c file.  These should
probably go in their own file with a corresponding
Makefile rule.  However, I wasn't sure how to go about
including these files without breaking non-win32
builds.

Anyway, I would love to get these changes into CVS so
that the next go-round of applying changes to a
current MLton will be less work!  :-)

Thanks,

-Brent