[MLton] experimental release 20040819

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:50:02 -0700

Experimental release 20040819 is available at

	http://www.mlton.org/experimental/

This is the first test release leading up to our next public release,
which will hopefully be in late September.  Have look at the web page
for all the improvements.  Please try out the release on your code.
Brent, if you could try it on the shootout without too much
difficulty, that would be nice.

There are still plenty of things missing that I'd like to do before
the public release.

* MinGW port.
* Bytecode compiler.
* Add datatype MLton.Box.t so users can prevent flattening.
* Add requireSig annotation for beginning users.
* Fix -profile count, which is currently broken.
* Explain OpenBSD socket.sml regression failure.
* Improve MLB HTML docs.

I'll start on the MinGW stuff next.