[MLton] today's programming group: MLton!

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:19:27 -0500 (EST)

Maxwell Dworkin 319
Wednesday @ 4:00 PM

I will be talking about MLton -- an open-source, whole-program, optimizing
Standard ML compiler.  Given the topics covered in this group over the
last couple of weeks (an optimization framework, a debugging framework),
it seems timely to look at a full-blown compiler.  I'll give an overview
of MLton (some philosophy, history, etc.) before taking a closer look at
the optimization passes.  And, I won't be pulling any punches: the whole
talk will be delivered from the mlton.org website with direct links into
the CVS repository.  Want to see where a body is buried?  We'll dig it up!

-Matthew