[MLton] Re: New mGTK pre-release

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:52:43 -0600

Wow, I'm impressed that you seem to have Glade=>SML already started.
Re the exposure, I was thinking of an alternative (although I haven't thought
much about it): rather than having the generated SML code access the non-GUI
code by name (which makes me feel a bit nervous) how about having a function
argument which is the lookup function (string -> ???).  This would definitely
be the only way possible if you wanted to actually read in the .glade file
at run-time, but might it not be better even at `compile' time?
Of course you have to make a datatype for the result of the lookup function.
Any way, any thoughts?