[MLton] refinement type checker for Standard ML

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:16:28 -0800

Hi Frank.  A while back you mentioned that you were building a
refinement type checker for SML.  I was curious to hear the status of
the project.  You also mentioned you were interested if MLton had a
reasonable front end, which at the time it did not.  I wanted to let
you know that we finally have a version of MLton with a proper front
end.  We have an experimental version at

We are seeking feedback on the new front end, and would appreciate any
you might be able to provide.  It would be especially nice if you or a
student could try out Twelf on the new MLton.  Thanks.