[MLton] cvs commit: mlb integration

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm wondering when we should start using mlbs to build mlton.  Since
> we still need to use SML/NJ, the only way I see to do it is to
> duplicate the information that is in the mlbs and the cm files.

Here is an unfortunate phenomenon with mlbs:

The mlton-stubs.cm file is supposed to prepend onto the program a stub for
the MLton structure.  Unfortunately, the way we interpret a .mlb in a
clean basis, means that this stub isn't visible from other .mlbs.  There
are certainly ways around it, but it is a little cumbersome.