[MLton] MLton HOL

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 31 May 2004 19:26:33 -0700

> At the moment, the parse/elaborate stage is failing, because the
> program contains a call to the Moscow ML Regex dynamic library
>
> http://www.dina.dk/~sestoft/mosmllib/Regex.html
>
> Is there anything equivalent in MLton that I can use for this?

We have a regexp library written in SML that is part of the MLton
sources.  It's pretty complete, able to do most of POSIX 1003.2.  So,
one way to go would be to put a wrapper around that to make it look
like Regex.  Another possibility would be to use MLton's FFI to
implement Regex as in Moscow ML.

> Any progress in solving the space blowup when compiling huge
> programs?

No luck yet, but I'm on it.  It will be fixed.