[MLton] MLton HOL

Joe Hurd joe.hurd@comlab.ox.ac.uk
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 02:07:33 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Stephen Weeks wrote:

> We have a regexp library written in SML that is part of the MLton
> sources.  It's pretty complete, able to do most of POSIX 1003.2.  So,
> one way to go would be to put a wrapper around that to make it look
> like Regex.  Another possibility would be to use MLton's FFI to
> implement Regex as in Moscow ML.

I asked the developers about the call to Regex, and apparently it can
easily be removed. So now I have a 437185 line SML program that passes
the parse/elaborate phase of MLton but fails in the back end. I've put
the whole thing up at

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~jeh1004/netsem.sml

if you'd like to test your improvements on a huge, real program.

Cheers,

Joe