[MLton] upcoming public release

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:49:31 +0200

Quoting Stephen Weeks (sweeks@sweeks.com):

> 	http://www.mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2004-August/016237.html
>
> I don't consider this blocking for the release, but it would be nice
> to fix.  For now, I have documented the problem in the user guide.
> Jesper, did you make any progress on this?

I partially did. I contacted the OpenBSD development team, but it seems
that they will be unable to do anything unless we can give them a C
file simulating what MLton does and show that this is different
behaviour from something else (NetBSD, Linux, etc). I had planned to
do something about it, when courses in General Topology, Galois Theory,
and Complex Functional theory came up. So as it stands I have not dug
any further into it.

I am not sure when I will get the time to write up that C code though.

--
j.