[MLton] HOL's Moscow ML implementation, and pushing MLton to emulate it

Daniel C. Wang danwang@CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:23:34 -0500

I haven't looked to closely at the HOL4 infrastructure in a while, but I
suspect that most of these theories don't share any state. If that's the
case you could develop an architecture where various different MLton process
communicate via RPC/IPC. This can avoid the need to build one big monolithic
system. If the RPC/IPC becomes a performance bottleneck, you take the
appropiate modules you need and build the monolith you want, but otherwise
you can do quick experiments by just recompling the theory you are hacking
on. (Also, if you're clever you can take advantage of a dual processor or a
cluster to do distributed theorem proving!)