[MLton] Mirror of mail archive

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:27:23 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 08:42:55AM -0600, Henry Cejtin wrote:
> Isn't the date you want (on the mail headers) the Date: line (i.e., the time
> that the message was composed)?  That headeer should (at least in all the
> mail I see) include the time zone information, right?

If you always trusted the 'Date:' header, your spam would always be at the
front of the list archive. Lurker compares it with the delivery timestamp
(which doesn't include timezone) in order to check sanity.

PS. What email client are you using?

I've noticed that your messages never include a References or In-Reply-To
header. For example, the thread
  <http://www.terpstra.ca/lurker/thread/20041210.222219.04b83fdf.en.html>
shows no arrows coming out of any of your messages, though you quote text
from other messages in this thread. Does your client not support 'reply'?

--
Wesley W. Terpstra