[MLton] Serialization?

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 01:41:24 +0200

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:01:57AM -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> For the code problem, one solution I haven't seen mentioned is for you
> to design an embedded language and write an interpreter for it in SML.

Sure, and that is of course (part of) the long-term plan.

Naturally, such a query language is chosen to make query optimization easy
(consider for example SQL). Nevertheless, for a first prototype, people
typically (in Java) just ship object code to do tests. Finally, it is a nice
fallback for tough queries you can't fit in the optimizable query language.

I have been considering something like prolog actually... ;-)

--
Wesley W. Terpstra