[MLton] MLton rules! (was: filedes = int)

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:18:48 +1000

--=-04QVhBU9DOKk5fePR9zR

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 20:58 -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> > I've been wanting to test out some machine learning algorithms in MLton=
,
> > and it would be nice to have full 64-bit support (our lab at CMU has
> > 64-bit Opteron machines with 16 and 32 GB of RAM for large datasets).
>=20
> Wow, 32GB.  I had only had up to 16GB in mind (for playing various
> bit-shifting pointer tricks).  Probably just have to eat having 64-bit
> pointers in that case.

Care .. he has 32 GB of RAM. That's RAM .. not address space.
The system software needs to handle more address space
than the available memory.

--=20
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>

--=-04QVhBU9DOKk5fePR9zR

--=-04QVhBU9DOKk5fePR9zR--