[MLton] Show type at point / OCaml -dtypes

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:13:09 +0200

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 06:13:16PM -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> > If not, I think it would be a very useful addition to MLton to
> > generate type annotation files and (for SML mode) to implement "Show
> > type at point" using the generated files.
>
> I agree; -show-types would be nice.

... especially if we could somehow get it into xemacs/joe/... =)

I dream of an editor which not only syntax highlights, but also has tab
completion of identifier names, and shows the type of an identifier on
mouse-over. I know this is not going to happen any time soon, but I can
dream! (Java has this in eclipse afer all)

--
Wesley W. Terpstra <wesley@terpstra.ca>