[MLton] sequenceUnit vs warnSequenceUnit

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen@cs.helsinki.fi
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:05:47 +0300

Quoting Stephen Weeks <sweeks@sweeks.com>:
> This seems reasonable.  Although I can imagine cases where one wants
> the error.  Hmm.  I wonder if we should go to a tri-valued annotation:
> {error|ignore|warn}.

Wow! That was basically supposed to be my next suggestion. :)
(I was thinking about something along the lines of treating
warnings as errors on an annotation basis, but decided to delay
fleshing out a proposal before sending the note on sequenceUnit.)

> How about the following?
>
>   nonexhaustiveMatch {warn|error|ignore}
>   nonexhaustiveExnMatch {warn|error|ignore}
>   redundantMatch {warn|error|ignore}
>   sequenceNonUnit {ignore|error|warn}
>   unusedIdentifier {ignore|error|warn}

I like this. If you like, I could try to produce a patch for this. Can
you see any major complications?

-Vesa Karvonen