[MLton] Build problems on Mac OS X

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:59:34 -0800

On Mar 3, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Matthew Fluet wrote:
> I just checked in a minor modification to the Basis Library
> implementation
> to install an emergency exception handler at the earliest possible
> point.
> If you try to bootstrap again with this change, you should see a
> message
> like:
>
> unhandled exception: ???
> MLton bug: unhandled exception in Basis Library.
> Please send a bug report to MLton@mlton.org.
>
> where ??? hopefully will be filled in by something informative.  We can
> start troubleshooting from there.

Thanks for the update.  Here's the problem:

make basis
mkdir -p /Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/sml
rm -rf /Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/sml/basis
/bin/cp -fpR /Users/brent/Projects/mlton/basis-library/.
/Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/sml/basis
find /Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/sml -type f -name .cvsignore
| xargs rm -rf
/Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/mlton-compile @MLton --
/Users/brent/Projects/mlton/build/lib/world
unhandled exception: Fail IEEEReal.RoundingMode.fromInt
MLton bug: unhandled exception in Basis Library..
Please send a bug report to MLton@mlton.org.
make[2]: *** [world-no-check] Error 2
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make: *** [all-no-docs] Error 2