[MLton] Build problems on Mac OS X

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:36:27 -0500 (EST)

--8323328-261459188-1112196987=:5182

> > Thanks for the update.  Here's the problem:
> >
> > unhandled exception: Fail IEEEReal.RoundingMode.fromInt
> > MLton bug: unhandled exception in Basis Library..
> > Please send a bug report to MLton@mlton.org.
>
> I appears that  fegetround  is returning an unknown rounding mode.

Brent,

Are you still experiencing a bootstraping problem on MacOS X?  I am afraid
that I don't have access to a MacOS X box to reproduce your problem.  I've
included a little C program to print out the values of the various FE_*
rounding mode macros along with the result of fegetround.  You should be
able to compile it with:
  gcc -std=c99 -Wall -lm testfenv.c

If the result of fegetround matches one of the FE_* rounding modes, then
that indicates a bug in MLton; otherwise, it would appear to be a bug in
the MacOS X system libraries.
--8323328-261459188-1112196987=:5182
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--8323328-261459188-1112196987=:5182--