[MLton] MLton Installation question

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

> > My guess is that the SML/NJ compile failed.  It seems that when SML/NJ
> > exits, it always returns 'success', even if the last invoked command
> > failed, so make will assume that the SML/NJ compile succeeded.  You should
> > scan back through the output of 'make nj-mlton' and verify that the SML/NJ
> > compile succeeded.
>
> If it is of any interest I attach the compile logs below.

So, from compile-log2, you can see that in addition to the lex/yacc
mismatch, there is an incompatibility with the Pack32{Big,Little}
structures.  This is a consequence of the fact that that mlton-20051202
was released with support for SML/NJ ver. 110.56, which was before SML/NJ
caught up with a number of Basis Library changes.

I suppose that at this time, you have two options:
  2) checkout the MLton sources (http://www.mlton.org/Sources), which are
     compatible with SML/NJ 110.58.