[MLton] Porting problems

Ville Laurikari ville@laurikari.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:46:02 +0300

Hi,

I'm attempting to port MLton to HP-UX (pa-risc).  I'm currently
working with mlton-20051202.  The plan is to first get the port
working with the GCC backend.

I've been following the instructions on http://mlton.org/PortingMLton.
The runtime already compiles, that part was quite straightforward.
However, I've run into some trouble with the bin/add-cross script.  It
ends in an error, and the last lines of output are:

  Compiling and running print-constants on mono.
  Authentication successful.
  strange os: hpux
  /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
    main (Not referenced yet! Probably due to -u option)
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I ran the script as "./bin/add-cross hppa-hp-hpux hppa hpux mono".
The `hpux' part I've added to MLton.Platform.OS.t.

Am I doing some typical mistake?  The error message seems to be coming
from the MLton main program and it doesn't recognize `hpux' as a valid
OS.  I cannot find other places which look like I should add handling
of the new OS to.

--
Ville