[MLton] Re: MLton library project

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Fri Dec 15 07:48:43 PST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 8:57 PM, Stephen Weeks wrote:
>>> there for others to look at?  You could put it at
>>>
>>>   svn+ssh://mlton.org/svnroot/mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra
>>
>> I couldn't commit for some reason...
>
> Blech.  You're definitely in the SVN group.  Could you send me the
> error message?  I'd rather you do the commit than I.

Well, my first problem was the parent directory didn't exist.
Now that I've overcome that hurdle ;-), I'm getting:
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/pickle/tml.grm.
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/pickle/tml.lex.
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/pickle/tree.sml.
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/st/epoll.sml.
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/st/kevent.h.
Tabs are not allowed in mltonlib/trunk/ca/terpstra/st/kqueue.sml.

... I understand there's a coding convention for the mlton compiler.
However, these are my personal libraries, and I have my own convention.
Must I really remove tabs?

>> It turns out I had another library: one that automatically converted
>> SML types into a generic serializer for that type.
>> The source code was intended to be GPL.
>
> Are you OK putting it under the BSD-ish MLton license?  We'd like to
> keep the licensing situation simple for the MLton library
> (i.e. everything under the same license).

It's just I never intended to release these things, and GPL lets me
retain some measure of control.
That said, I suppose I could release it as BSD.

I can't help but notice there's not much committed yet.
Where's the new mgtk Henry??? :-)