[MLton] library naming

Stephen Weeks sweeks at sweeks.com
Mon Oct 16 10:39:52 PDT 2006

One potential problem in the new library project is the global
namespace of library names.  I've been hesitating a bit about putting
stuff in the new library project partially because of the problem of
thinking of a name for my library.  In the interest of divvying up the
global namespace, perhaps we should adopt a Java-like convention, so
that, for example, I would start by creating the following:

 mltonlib/com/sweeks/basic/unstable

The hope is to allow others to maintain repositories with library
collections at other sites, and be able to merge multiple library
collections on some client machine without conflicts.