[MLton] Windows structure

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Feb 13 12:38:14 PST 2007

Quoting "Wesley W. Terpstra" <wesley at terpstra.ca>:
> On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:01 PM, Vesa Karvonen wrote:
> > I have started implementing a Windows library for MLton.
>
> Cool.
> Are you planning on using this to satisfy this portion of the basis
> library shipped with MLton?

Later perhaps, but currently I'm not in a hurry to do that for a
number of reasons.  The Windows structure doesn't yet fulfill the
Basis Library spec (some of which I will probably never need).
OTOH, it provides functionality not present in the Basis Library
spec (and I need the functionality).  Also, I'm not entirely
satisfied with the implementation, but I don't have the time right
now to attack (improve mlnlffigen) the root causes of this.  If
someone wants to use the library, it shouldn't be that much harder
to use the library as it is compared to using it after it has been
integrated to MLton.  (Also, the library hasn't received much
testing, but that will change shortly (tomorrow).)

But, I'm definitely not against it if someone wants to improve
the situation in a way or another (e.g. improve mlnlffigen, add
missing functionality to the library, integrate the library to
MLton when the time comes)!

-Vesa Karvonen