[MLton] building mlton for darwin + intel

Thant Tessman thant at tessman.com
Thu Feb 22 17:23:39 PST 2007

Matthew Fluet wrote:
>   At a minimum, one would want to use IntInf to perform constant
> folding of IntInf operations.
Ah, of course.
> This is just a representation dictated by the platform; MLton itself
> doesn't really care how the GMP library is represented.  We just
> invoke gcc with '-lgmp' to perform linking.
Right, but...never mind. I wanted to test some assumptions before asking
more specific questions, but I can't seem to get gmp to even build the
shared version of the library on this platform. The instructions say it
should be built by default, and the --enable-shared flag to the
configure script doesn't seem to do anything.

But thankfully I guess I don't care anymore. (Thanks for the
clarification of .la files. I suppose I could have just looked in it
myself.)

-thant