[MLton-user] Fwd: MinGW precompiled binaries for Release 20070826

Ville Laurikari ville at laurikari.net
Tue Oct 9 01:35:09 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 05:43:39PM -0400, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> [...]
[clip]
> Has anyone successfully used the pre-compiled MinGW binaries for
> MLton20070826?

It works for us (SSH) quite nicely.

> If so, would you mind telling me how you managed to get MLton to link
> with the GMP library?

Is the problem with running MLton itself, or that MLton fails to link
with GMP the executables it produces?

In either case, you need to install libgmp in the mingw tree.  Here's
a link to a previous post on this mailing list describing how we did
it:

  http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton-user/2007-June/001125.html

We need to to ship binaries dynamically linked against GMP, so we use
a DLL instead of a static library.

It appears that the pre-compiled binaries require libgmp-3.dll.  I
should have probably linked the binaries statically or included
libgmp-3.dll with them.

--
http://www.iki.fi/vl/