no new version yet

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:29:38 -0500

The stuff you sent me had a bunch of problems, so it is not up yet.

One  problem  is  that the string `VERSION' appears in a bunch of html files.
It was clearly supposed to get replaced by 20010803, but it  wasn't.   (There
also  are  some  uses  where  it seems it was supposed to be replaced by some
version of SML/NJ, and that wasn't done either.)

The naming convention for the Red Hat 6.x files is very  inconsistent.   Here
are what they look like:
    mlton-VERSION-1.i386.rpm
    mlton-VERSION-1.i386.tgz
    mlton-VERSION-1.rhat6x.i386.rpm
    mlton-VERSION-1.rhat6x.i386.tgz
    mlton-VERSION-1.src.rhat6x.rpm
    mlton-VERSION-1.src.rpm
    mlton-VERSION.src.tgz
Note that the rhat6x part is usually just after the full version, but for the
src rpm it is just before rpm.  I'm assuming that this is a typo, and that
    mlton-VERSION-1.src.rhat6x.rpm
should be changed to
    mlton-VERSION-1.rhat6x.src.rpm

Also, all the files except for the source tar use the trailing -1 as part  of
the version.  For consistency, this file should do the same.  I.e., change
    mlton-VERSION.src.tgz
    mlton-VERSION-1.src.tgz

Any way, I await the next attempt.