[MLton-devel] RedHat 7.1/7.3 problems

Matthew Fluet Matthew Fluet <fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:41:41 -0400 (EDT)

> I installed RedHat 7.1 in a fresh (vmware) machine today.  After much
> playing around with self compiles and with command line arguments,
> using runtimes compiled on both 7.1 and 7.3, I was unfortunately never
> able to duplicate any of the problems that Matthew, Sam, and Alain
> were seeing.  I have no idea why.  Everything just seems to work for
> me :-).

It is still reproducible for me.  I don't maintain the RedHat cluster
machines, so I don't know the status of patches, etc., but I could ask if
we really want to track this down.

Steve, did you try boostraping on a 7.3, moving the resulting build
directory to a 7.1, and trying the following:
[fluet@cfs15 test 3]% cat z.sml
val _ = (print "name: ";
         print (CommandLine.name ());
         print "\n")