[MLton-devel] yeah, that did the trick

Sam Rushing rushing@nightmare.com
15 Sep 2002 14:26:02 -0700

--=-9mpHDNV+0YN5D3ppmb0O

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 07:38, Stephen Weeks wrote:
>=20
> > So that appeared to do the trick, now binio.sml works fine,
>=20
> Great!
>=20
> > and I've relinked mlton such that I now have a working
> > mlton-compiled-with-mlton-on-freebsd.  Next step will be to compile
> > it with itself, and finally make some progress!
>=20
> I'm confused.  What does mlton-compiled-with-mlton-on-freebsd mean, if
> not that you have compiled it with itself?
=20
Ok, I've put together a patch file, a binary distribution, and the
output from the regression script:

   https://berzerker.nightmare.com/~rushing/mlton/

The build process is still a bit manual, for example I had to make a
fake 'self linux' hostmap file.  For now it thinks it's hosted on linux.

Most of the patches aren't a big deal:

bin/mlton:
  replaced #!/bin/bash with #!/bin/sh
runtime/{mlton-basis,posix-constants,basis-constants}.h
  some "|| defined (__FreeBSD__)"
runtime/Posix/FileSys/open.c
  made linux open() the default=20
 (this should work on just about any unix)

smith-normal-form and harmonic are dumping core,
most of the other regressions are fine.
For some reason there are lots of these:
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__mpn_lshift=
' are not defined
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__mpn_rshift=
' are not defined

and 'regression/real' is failing for some reason:
148c148
< chkFIX.a      OK
---
> chkFIX.a      WRONG