[MLton] Win32 Spawn's Seem Broken
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:56:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- Stephen Weeks <email@example.com> wrote:
> > 1. Modify spawnp/spawne to use "NON_BLOCK" so
> that it
> > returns a PID, rather than a return code?
> As Matthew said, this is the way to go, but you only
> need to have it
> take effect for the MinGW world.
Okay -- that's what I did. I think you are correct
that this is a Mingwin difference.
Here's where I am with respect to the Mingwin stuff:
* I have a working compiler that can properly build a
single SML file into an executable, which can be run
from a DOS command line.
* I wrote a simple BAT file that invokes MLton (in a
similar, but not totally equivalent) fashion to the
Bash front-end. It needs work, probably by someone
well-versed in BAT scripting (which I am not).
* I can compile SML from a standard DOS command line.
1. I cannot build *.cm files (due to Path exceptions
caused by improper handling of DOS paths).
2. I'm not convinced that Sockets are working right.
But it looks pretty close. Maybe a savvy Win32
programmer could have a look at it next week some
time, once I've had a chance to clean up the sources
and post a diff.