[MLton] MLton rules! (was: filedes = int)

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:46:45 -0700

> > BTW, this list is certainly a place for discussion of
> > project organization and management approach, if anyone has ideas for
> > improvement.
> hehe .. how's the AMD64 port going ..?

I meant improvement of "project organization and management" :-).

But, it's starting any day now.  Really.

> > I agree.  I think MLton is the right SML for serious application
> > development.
> dumb question from lurking potential user -- can MLton build
> dynamically loadable shared library objects?

Not officially, but Jens Soegaard, a reader of this list, made some
progress back in April.  See various "MLton and shared libraries"
threads, e.g.

In looking back over the mails, I see that it looked pretty close, but
we never got a patch from Jens.  Jens, would you care to update us and
possibly submit a patch?