[MLton] MLton rules! (was: filedes = int)

Adam Goode adam@evdebs.org
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:21:50 -0400

--=-bIDiTI7JRU8P2AJqG1kE

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 22:46 -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> > > BTW, this list is certainly a place for discussion of
> > > project organization and management approach, if anyone has ideas for
> > > improvement.
> >=20
> > hehe .. how's the AMD64 port going ..?
>=20
> I meant improvement of "project organization and management" :-).
>=20
> But, it's starting any day now.  Really.
>=20

I just got my own 64-bit x86 machine, and I'm eager to help out in any
way I can!

Maybe we could use a "steps to 64-bit" page on the Wiki. I can think of
maybe a few things to start?

 * Make GC 64-bit (very hard? this should be broken into many steps?)
 * Fix x86 codegen to avoid 64-bit-invalid instructions (if any)
 * Make x86 codegen do 64-bit mode (not bad?)
 * Fix C codegen to work in 64-bit (hard?)

I've been wanting to test out some machine learning algorithms in MLton,
and it would be nice to have full 64-bit support (our lab at CMU has
64-bit Opteron machines with 16 and 32 GB of RAM for large datasets).

Thanks,

Adam

--=-bIDiTI7JRU8P2AJqG1kE

--=-bIDiTI7JRU8P2AJqG1kE--