[MLton] mingwows

Andrew Kennedy akenn@microsoft.com
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:08:08 -0000

First, thanks very much to Wesley and everyone else involved for making
mlton work under MinGW. I've been compiling our SML.NET compiler
successfully using it, with excellent performance.

Second, please *do* include mlton.bat. Compared to cygwin, I very much
like the minimal install associated with the MinGW version: just install
MinGW with appropriate components, put the mlton distribution into a
C:\mlton directory, set your path, and away you go. No messing with
environment variables and paths and whatnot. Why would you *not* include
the mlton.bat script? (Though, I can see that a mlton.exe would be even
nicer).

- Andrew.