[MLton] commit r4725: Statically-linked wrapper functions for Intel Mac

John Reppy jhr at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 28 13:03:08 PDT 2006

I did a "make clean" followed by a "make all-no-docs" and things  
nicely until mllex, where I get

Compiling mllex
mlton -target self mllex.mlb
/tmp/fileBcDSd1.2.S:unknown:missing indirect symbols for section  
call to system failed with exit status 1:
gcc -c -o /tmp/fileinqLc7.o /tmp/fileBcDSd1.2.S
make[2]: *** [mllex] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tools] Error 2
make: *** [all-no-docs] Error 2

On Oct 28, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Matthew Fluet wrote:

>> The changes seem to have addressed the problem with the  
>> regressions. There are a bunch of ~0.0 vs. 0.0 failures in the  
>> real tests, but the other regressions ran fine.  As expected, the  
>> FFI stuff causes the same problems as with the math functions.  I  
>> think that you are going to have to modify the code generator to  
>> produce the dynamic linking stubs on Mac OS X.
> Great.  At r4732, I went ahead and modified the code generator to  
> produce dynamic linking stubs on x86-darwin.  If you get a chance  
> to update to the latest SVN sources and re-compile, it should be  
> the case that FFI works properly.

More information about the MLton mailing list