[MLton] def-use-mode

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 12 13:11:26 PST 2007

Quoting Matthew Fluet <fluet at tti-c.org>:
> Not to complain, but the def-use-mode has stopped working for me on an 
> updated SVN tree.  I don't get any errors when loading, but after 
> setting a def-use file with esml-mlton-du (and the background parsing 
> has finished), it always says 'Sorry, no information on the symbol at 
> point'.  Nothing else interesting shows up in the Messages log.

Thanks for reporting this.  I just committed a fix.  The problem was due
to a difference between Gnu Emacs and XEmacs.  I still mainly use XEmacs,
so I didn't notice the problem.  BTW, I recently tried to switch to Gnu
Emacs (for the third time that I remember).  I decided to switch back to
XEmacs after I noticed that the Gnu Emacs version (from Debian testing)
I was using aborted and segfaulted frequently while using def-use mode.
I haven't examined the issue further, but it is definitely a bug in Gnu
Emacs.  (Never happened with XEmacs and def-use mode is pure elisp.)

-Vesa Karvonen

More information about the MLton mailing list