[MLton] It seems like we have a AMD64-FreeBSD port!

Jesper Louis Andersen jesper.louis.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:26:01 PDT 2007

After Matthews patch to scan quicklier through memory I
ran into another bug which took some time to find. The FreeBSD
compiler environment doesn't define __WORDSIZE, so
GC_MODEL_NATIVE32 was defined as a result. I patched it
to check for __LP64__ as well, but I think there is something
smarter to discriminate by.

With that change, I got a GC_MODEL_NATIVE64 and no more
GC invariant assertion failures ;)

The built MLton is now happily chewing on the regression
suite. It has done about 40 or something and no errors has
been reported yet.

I will cook up a possible patch when it is done with the regressions.