[MLton] port-freebsd-amd64 diff

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Sat Jun 30 06:40:44 PDT 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:

> Here is the diff I am currently working with. It uses __LP64__ to recognize
> the 64-bit architecture, but I think we should use something else.

I don't know of anything more standard than __WORDSIZE.  I suppose we
could just #define our own symbol in the platform/{arch}.h files, since
we expect the architecture to determine the wordsize.

> * We passed most (all) of the regression tests. The only that did not pass
> was the FP
> tests that never pass anyway and the size-tests which is ok, considering
> the shift
>  in codegen and architecture.

Please add *.amd64-freebsd.ok for the regressions that differ.  You may be
able to simply copy {mlton.share,real,size2}.amd64-linux.ok.

> * I'd like an 'ok, go ahead' before I commit the changes.

Other than adding the correct regression outputs for amd64-freebsd, it
looks good.

-Matthew